We have all heard at least one superstition involving dogs or cats at one time or another. Do you believe in superstitions or do you walk under that ladder without a second thought?
If you cant think of any dog or cat superstitions today is your LUCKY day. In honor of today March Friday the 13th I have listed 13 dog or cat related superstitions.
- Many folks believe that a black dog is a true sign of good luck so if you see a black dog don’t waist that LUCK go play some BlackJack or head to the Bingo Palace
- If an ambulance crosses your path it’s bad luck unless you hold your breath until a brown or black dog crosses your path and changes that bad luck into good luck.
- When a silent night is broken by the howling of a dog it’s said to be an omen of death
- If a dog howls an odd number of howls, 1, 3, 5 it signifies the death of a person nearby.
- If a dog howls for times while under a porch it is said to be a sign of death
- If you see and hear a dog at a crossroads howl it is believed that Hecate the goddess is close which is usually a bad thing.
- When a dog howls under or outside a window of someone who is not well its believed that person will pass on, especially if they return after being driven away.
- You are said to be in the presence of unseen spirits if a dog howls for no reason.
- Spotted dogs especially Dalmations, are considered good luck in most cultures.
- When a black cat crosses your path you should count to 13 as you walk backward in a circle to reverse the bad luck.
- When you move into a new home your cat won’t run away if you bring it through the window instead of a door.
- If you are being followed consistently by a black dog your future will have some bad luck.
- If a dog walks between a couple it is believed that the couple will soon be having an argument or quarrel.
Some people are directed by their superstitions and others believe that believing superstitions cause your mind to make the good or bad come true almost as if you will it to happen.
I don’t think I’m very superstitious usually, sometimes though circumstances surrounding things can make a person wonder if maybe there is something to them.
Was this Friday the 13th any different than any other Friday for you?
What about you guys? In honor of Friday the 13th please share with us where your at with believing in superstitions or if you have a story backing up a superstition we would love to hear about it in the comment section below.